Sunday, November 13, 2022

Vibrant Colours

 From where I left off yesterday, I headed towards the Alexandra Bridge, where once a month I take a perspective shot of Parliament Hill. The bridge starts where Nepean Point, recently renamed Kiweki Point, leaves off.


Bright red was seen along a lower platform along the way.


It suits Parliament Hill nicely.


This is taken from the platform itself, with the bridge and the Museum of History featured.


A look up at the Point. There had been an underused ampitheatre up there, and several years ago plans were drawn up to reconfigure the land up there with a viewing platform. The work is ongoing right now, and expected to be done next year.


I headed past the National Gallery, where I took this photo of Notre Dame interwined with the sculpture Maman, by Louise Bourgeois.


More fall colours along one of the streets feeding onto Sussex Drive.


The sidewalk ahead drew me on.


This shot is taken into the fenceline at the Royal Canadian Mint, which I have yet to visit. The sculpture at the wall is what caught my eye, perched on a ledge: a bear.


I carried on along Sussex Drive. The dark building at right houses the foreign affairs ministry and is called the Pearson Building.


I decided on a couple of close ups of leaves at this location.

40 comments:

  1. Vibrant it is. Love the Maman sculpture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That spider installation looks so impressive.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the beautiful colors, gorgeous trees! The huge spider is cool. Take care, have a great new week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've had some gorgeous day to go exploring with your camera! Those colors are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are glorious! I really like Maman!

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Italiafinlandia: especially on this day.

    @Jan: there was a lot.

    @Gemel: me too.

    @Roentare: it's quite a sight.

    @Eileen: Maman must give arachnophobes nightmares.

    @David: definitely.

    @Tom: I think so.

    @Jeanie: it was a good day.

    @Jennifer: people really respond to Maman.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the bridge-pic most, but they are all beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Autumn is such a beautiful time of year.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lots of brilliant reds. We don't get much red color here.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I guess it’s nice that it is still autumn in your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful colors you have photographed so well ~ Awesome blue sky too ~

    Wishing you good health, laughter and love in your days,
    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  12. The work on Parliament Hill feels endless. Hope I live long enough to see the result!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the spider sculpture, but it still creeps me out when I first see the photo.

    ReplyDelete
  14. You need to go where the money is. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Each photo has beauty William, a delightful series!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely photographs, I particularly like the close ups of the leaves.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is just a cornucopia of beauty. William. Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete