Thursday, April 6, 2023

Vastness Of The Canadian Landscape

A general note to those who might not have seen on Facebook. There's been a death in the family, as my father died on Tuesday. I'll continue posting, as I have posts prepared, but not sure right now how active I'll otherwise be for the time being.

 I start today with the same artist I finished with yesterday- Yvonne McKague Housser. Marguerite Pilot Of Deep River (Girl With Mulleins) dates circa 1936-40.


Winter, Northwest Arm, Halifax is a 1927 painting by Elizabeth Styring Nutt.


Elizabeth Wyn Wood sculpted Passing Rain in 1929.


Emily Carr, a contemporary of the Group of Seven, would find her inspiration in the landscapes and the indigenous peoples of the Pacific coast, and become one of the great Canadian artists in the process. Kitwancool Totems is a 1928 painting.


Another work by her: Young Pines And Sky, dating around 1935.


Fir Tree And Sky was done around 1935-36 by Carr.


Loggers' Culls is a 1935 painting by Carr.


Departing from the exhibit space, I headed to the permanent galleries. I took this shot of the corridor looking towards the glass tower.

44 comments:

  1. My heartfelt condolences to you William for the loss of your father.
    Some lovely works here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Condolences. Hope you will overcome this difficult moment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am very sorry to learn about your Father. Wishing you strength.
    "Young Pines And Sky" is my fav.

    ReplyDelete
  4. First of all, I would like to offer my condolences on the loss of your father, William. Wishing you strength for the days ahead.
    'Winter, Northwest Arm, Halifax' and 'Young Pines And Sky' are my favorites in this wonderful series.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so sorry for the loss of your father! Beautiful landscapes!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My thoughts are with you at this difficult time. Take care, William.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Please aceept my sincere condolences on the death of your father, William. May his memory be a blessing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice art here, but I am sorry for your loss. Take it easy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. ...the New World certainly offered vastness.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So sorry for you loss, William. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So sorry to hear of your loss, William. Sending thoughts your way.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Condolences on the loss of your father. Your days suddenly look different, I think. Thank you for sharing this post. I really like the first painting, but the pine trees are my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Heartfelt condolences to you and all bereaved. May his soul rest in peace. 🙏

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lots of healing hugs to you at the loss of your Dad ~ so hard to lose our loved ones ~ take care of your self ~

    Lovely art work photographed ~ especially like the pine tree ones ~

    Wishing you good health, laughter and love in your days,
    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm sorry to hear about the loss of your Dad. My sympathy to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Interesantes paisajes de esta bella tierra.

    ReplyDelete
  17. William, I'm so sorry for your loss. Take the time you need.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Condolences on the loss of your father, William. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh William, I'm so very sorry to learn of your dad's passing. Times like this are never easy. Please take whatever time you need. We'll be here.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Interesting paintings, but I like the sculpture best.
    My sympathy for the death of your father.

    ReplyDelete
  21. The painting is truly unique in stroke patterns

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love that first painting. Take care of yourself.

    ReplyDelete