Thursday, September 7, 2023

A Dark And Stormy Eve

One evening in early August I was heading home, with ominous clouds pretty much all over. I debated taking a bus, but would end up walking home. I took this first shot in the Glebe, at Lansdowne, with the Aberdeen Pavilion highlighted against a brooding sky. 


Then it was off on my way. Abbotsford House, which I mentioned yesterday, is the home at left, a 19th century farmhouse. Skies to the north and west looked particularly threatening, and there were occasional flashes of lightning as I went.


Further along and closer to home, the skies got darker, and the lightning and thunder more frequent. I took shots as I walked. I would make it home before the storm broke, but it was close.

54 comments:

  1. Unique moments in weather conditions...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I just love this kind of weather, especially when it´s warm.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A typical Summer walk. Some nice sky photos here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Siempre caminando, puedes hacer muy buenas fotografías. Espero que la lluvia te cogiera, dentro de tu vivienda.

    ReplyDelete
  5. If you hadn’t decided to walk you wouldn’t have been able to share these pictures with us. Good choice!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the dramatic skies and photos. We could use some rain here. Take care, have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think the rain gods took pity on you. Those clouds looked loaded with rain.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thunder storms are interesting to watch but as you say you don't want to get caught out in one.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What an exciting walk! Glad you made it home before it hit.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am glad you decided to walk. : )

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love those dramatic skies. Great shots!

    ReplyDelete
  12. We've had a few warm days in a row so we're probably heading for a big storm in the next few days. I hope we get some spectacular skies like that.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nice to have a rainy day once in a while.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Replies
    1. Oh, when I took these, it would have been on a sweltering day.

      Delete
  15. Great series of sky shots ~ Wow!

    Wishing you good health, laughter and love in your days,
    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a great series of photographs you've shared, so well captured.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  17. I like the night view of the buildings in streets

    ReplyDelete
  18. Nothing quite like a thunderstorm to quicken our steps. :-)

    ReplyDelete