Saturday, September 9, 2023

Juggling The Blades

More from Yoshi's act at Buskerfest, with the juggling of three blades while standing in a rather precarious position. Learning how to fall on hard surfaces must be an early lesson for many buskers, because cobblestone is unforgiving.


Departing from this act, I came across chalkboard art in progress.


This guy was out enjoying the day with his people, and looking pleased. I ran into someone I know, who asked where I was doing my act: falling without arms, a reference to my fall back in autumn 2021 when I fell and broke my nose. I said I'd be doing my living robot act elsewhere instead. 


Part of Buskerfest that takes place indoors at one of the local hotels- Buskers and Burlesque, where buskers and local burlesque performers work together for a night of revelry and fun.

48 comments:

  1. You have also brought those sharp knives into sharp focus.
    You found beautiful street drawings there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Busker festivals here are mainly about music!
    Ow. Breaking a nose... Hubby did, too. I broke my arm and later my foot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tiene una habilidad especial, que capta la atenciĆ³n de las gentes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is one brave knife juggler. Love the cute pup! Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The chalkboard art is beyond beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the art. That juggling looks tricky.
    I don't remember about you breaking your nose! But I am getting old.

    ReplyDelete
  7. There are attractions to living in the city.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sweet doggie photo and lovely street art and dangerous busker act but great photos ~ thanks,

    Wishing you good health, laughter and love in your days,
    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What an incredible juggling act. The dog is rather cute too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. i would never attempt to juggle knives.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Scary knives. Lovely dog, he looks very happy to be out around the festivities.
    Sorry about you nose break last year. Even the memory is an oucher.

    There's nothing fun about a broken nose.
    I've had 3 of them starting with 3rd grade, and 2 in 10th grade.
    Ball spun hard off the bat. I look up asking where the ball is. Seconds, it was in the middle of my face.
    Gives new meaning to be careful what you ask for. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a fabulous day out and a lovely little fur ball.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a great adventure, your captures are beautiful and this Dave is so talented too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm ready for a good fall festival!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yes, please do not fall again. Cute dog!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Adorei tudo, mas fiquei particularmente fascinada pelo desenho no pavimento, com um efeito 3D fantƔstico!
    As fotos do equilibrismo estĆ£o fantĆ”sticas! BelĆ­ssimos registos!
    Um grande abraƧo
    Ana

    ReplyDelete