Thursday, September 28, 2023

Not All Who Wander Are Lost

 Continuing on where I left off yesterday. Near the Star Wars area was a Star Trek area, and this included the notion of adopting a Tribble- the furballs from the original series that were revisited in Deep Space Nine. Why not, I decided. I also got an adoption certificate from the Klingon Empire noting that I was responsible for this Tribble, and if it ever returned to the Empire, both it and I would be executed. 


More from this particular display.


I continued on. The green of that dress is eye catching.


Doctor Who was accounted for. I'm oblivious to the series.


I liked the variety of these masks.


Thor's Trinkets makes glassware with a comics, movie, and pop culture motif. I've bought a number of beer mugs and tumblers from the woman who runs the establishment before.


Another wider view.


A display case included horns decorated with motifs from Lord of the Rings.


A map of Middle Earth was etched on this bag. I was tempted.


Here we have coasters and cutting boards. Since Groot is a kind of tree, the I Was Groot one made me laugh. 


Popsquatch is a dealer who makes T-shirts with a silhouette motif. I've bought shirts from them before, including the Fellowship at lower left. This year I picked two- the One Ring at top left, and a Batman one.


Their selection ranges from movies, television, and video games. I was happy to see them, because the other place I would have gone to for t-shirts inexplicably was only selling them this year as mystery boxes of four. Oh well.

50 comments:

  1. What fun! I have been a fan of Star Trek since the beginning, including Dr. Who and many others.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dr Who was part of my childhood - gathered around the family TV when I was young - but apart from reading a handful of SciFi books that's where my interest ended.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have seen a few minutes of a Dr. Who show- enough to convince me it was written by someone on drugs.

      Delete
  3. Comicon event must be on. My type of exhibition

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is that. a G-force shirt from Battle of the Planets? Remember Tiny, Princess, Qy-op, Mark...? I am just nerding out here! Be careful with those tribbles. They were mortal enemies of the Klingon Empire! 😂

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello,
    The Comicon event does look fun, lots of cool displays. Take care, enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. ..this has never been my thing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am a fan of all things Star Trek and Middle Earth, so I'm enjoying this series.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry I cant relate to this but suppose its very interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I never got in to any of this but I see it is very popular with lots of people.

    ReplyDelete
  10. OK, Papa Tribble...now you have responsibilities! No clue what they are...but Tribbles are such demanding little cute guys. And a map of middle earth should have been on a Tee-shirt!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I recogonized that tardis right away. Dr. Who is in the house.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hay una buena afluencia de gentes, unidas por la misma afición.

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's very eye catching, I'm guessing she was in a cosplay costume

    ReplyDelete
  14. You'd better hold onto that Tribble!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Doctor Who is very popular in our family, Star Trek too!

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  16. There is plenty to see and buy for real enthusiasts, that is clear.

    ReplyDelete
  17. What an experience walking around here would be. Very interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I remember William Hartnell as Dr Who - many years ago. I hope the Tribble is no trouble:)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Fun shopping! Thank you William. Aloha

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow! All the 'toys' from great stories ~ fun place and photos ~ thanks,

    Wishing you good health, laughter and love in your days,
    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  21. They are an adventure. I think my youngest son might have gone, but I don't know. We don't talk.

    ReplyDelete