Wednesday, September 6, 2023

A Mix Of Sights In The City

 I mentioned yesterday how unsettled our summer has been. Certainly July and August saw a good amount of rain. This first shot, taken on Bank Street looking downtown one morning, had a dark sky, after a night of rain.


This one, taken in Centretown one evening, had a similar sensibility.


One day in early August I was at Lansdowne Park and met this cat. It's a neighbourhood cat, one I've seen in the area a few blocks away.


More of these summer bush blooms, this one outside of Fourth Avenue Baptist Church in the Glebe.


This car was just up the street. I'm not one for sports cars, but I'll stop and photograph one like this.


A night shot. The stadium at Lansdowne looking from the west side over a dark playing surface.


I took this in Centretown. A home there has these metal flowers arranged around its porch.


More of those ominous skies. This is taken in Chinatown, with the Arch in the background.


August and September is the time of sunflowers in Ottawa. This one is outside Abbotsford House, a senior's community centre in the Glebe.


And I finish with two night shots, taken at Lansdowne Park, featuring the north stands of the stadium at left and the Aberdeen Pavilion at right, taken with my phone.


I switched settings to a night setting, and got this- including stars in the night sky.

54 comments:

  1. You really show how beautiful Ottawa is. My brother who emigrated to Edmonton years ago says that Canada is what the states used to be. I think he's right. Beautiful to live in a civilized country. Enjoy it and protect it. But don't despair about the USA. I have a feeling things may work out to the good... Aloha

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always like to cross paths with a cat on secret cat business. Love the moody skies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Probably devotes more attention to that car than he does to his wife.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A nice variety of looks in the city!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful, it's like a virtual walk around in Ottawa during night and day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great series, I love the sunflower and the metal flowers. Cute kitty and lovely night sky photos. Take care, have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yeah, that car was worth a stop and a click.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great car and wonderful night shot. I like the flowers, too...

    ReplyDelete
  9. I understand why filmmakers wet down streets. They do add to a shot for sure. Love that first photo.

    ReplyDelete
  10. ...the Jaguar is a piece of art!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That was a lovely walkabout!
    We found it a really emotional summer. I think we are getting better, but it has been tough.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The flowers and the cars shots are my favourties today!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the old sports car, kept in good shape too..and flowers, whether metal which will stay pretty even in snows, or the cheerful sunflowers!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love that last shot with the stars in the sky.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Weather certainly sends lots of interesting skies.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Interesting photos from around town. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wonderful series of out door photos of the area ~ sweet kitty photo and awesome night shots ~

    Wishing you good health, laughter and love in your days,
    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  18. A nice look around town. The Lansdowne Park night shots are beautiful, I really like them.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great shot! We need some of that rain.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Malo es la ausencia de lluvias y malo son también las lluvias torrenciales, como las que han caído recientemente en Madrid y el Toledo.

    ReplyDelete
  21. There is a lot I enjoyed about this series of photos! We are in for a lot of rain this week.

    ReplyDelete
  22. That car is fantastic! I wonder who restored it.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I'm loving the old car, looks like it's been very well looked after

    ReplyDelete
  24. That certainly is a good looking car.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete