Friday, November 17, 2023

Last Colours

 One rainy morning, I was at Lansdowne Park, where the bright colours of these trees stood out.


This includes views near the stadium.


Early one morning I passed by Central Park, further north in the Glebe, and took this shot looking east.


Twice a month I go out to the Portage Bridge to photograph the view downstream towards Parliament Hill. I took a couple of extra shots with the zoom on my phone this time.


From rough waters to calm waters. This is the Rideau River where Bank Street crosses it, taken on a day I was going to a spot nearby.


The red here along the riverside caught my eye.


Closing in on my destination, the buildings in the background, I took this shot of Canada geese. Probably the last of the season.


Another day at Lansdowne was much more sunny, with these showing well in the early morning light.


The Aberdeen Pavilion always makes a good backdrop. So too does the Moon in the sky.


My last formal fall shot. I was on my way to the Canadian War Museum and took this staircase that descends part of the same cliff that makes up Parliament Hill. The looming building at the top is the Dominican University College. 

46 comments:

  1. The rain makes it even more beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The colorful trees are gorgeous and I love the river views! Take care, have a great day and happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I find it a beautiful photos. The red of the trees, that yellow, and the buildings. Thank you for sharing it. You make my world larger.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Did my comment 'take'? I got a funny message as I was leaving.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No other comment but this one. I check the spam folders regularly during the day. What also happens is a failed to comment pop up which has been going on for months. And is one reason I'm three weeks behind in reading.

      Delete
  5. Great colorful trees still! Sigh, I'm resigned to tan/grey days. But I will enjoy more the stars/moon/sunsets. That's my determination today!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The red trees are really the stars of autumn.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Brilliant color shows well against the green grass.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely fall color photos. Your shot with the wet street does magnify the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Son una belleza, esos rojos y anaranjados de esos colores de otoño.
    Feliz fin de semana.

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are marvelous to see William. Thank you very much. Aloha

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely photos, stunning display from Mother Nature.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the shot of the river and the library.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous colors! And the calm river is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  14. The best part of Autumn is the colours.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow! Fantastic autumn colors and lovely photos ~ like the geese too ~

    Wishing you good health, laughter and love in your days,
    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete