Tuesday, April 30, 2024

Change From The Winter Into Spring

It's been my habit to take photographs at a given location each winter to show the transition into spring over several months. That spot is Central Park in the Glebe, a park in the north end of the neighbourhood where Bank Street crosses through. Each time I take a shot looking east, and looking west.
 
These first shots are from mid-December, taken shortly before dawn.


I took these in January.


One evening in late February I passed by again.


Around sunrise in early March, I passed by again.


I came by again early one morning in the first days of April.


What a difference a couple of weeks can make. These were taken in mid-April. The grass was getting green when I passed by late in the day.

22 comments:

  1. All marvelous images. Tough to select the best.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Always a great idea. I will visit the old tree again soon. We are having a pre-Summer week at the moment. I will be riding my bike in a t-shirt today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Remarkable how the same place looks different by season, time of day, and weather.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It’s a great practice to record a location in this manner.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful series. Great dedication to the scene as well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Photos on a schedule like this make interesting comparisons.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Here's to the one with the orange lighting.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I much prefer spring over winter. Great series! Take care, enjoy your day and the week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such lovely photographs of the changing seasons.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete