Thursday, April 11, 2024

Pigs and Quail

 More of the pigs today inside the Small Animal Barn.


This mama was sleeping while the little ones were walking about.


Another window, and more of a challenge for the photographer. This mother was up and about.


I liked this one, because it reinforces the size difference between the adults and the piglets.


Back out I went. This pig looked thoroughly content.


An enclosure featured at least two Coturnix quail, hatched a little under two years ago. 

26 comments:

  1. Great photos of the critters, the pig is cute!
    Take care, have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...and I hate to shoot through wire!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The last four pictures are basically identical.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Too bad that you had to look for a screen to see the pigs. I would think the issue may be that disease could be transmitted.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The hogs look happy, but I'm not sure what the last animal is.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A little bird. I've heard of quail, just not familiar with that breed.

      Delete
  6. Delightful pigs and quail and all kept so clean ~ great photos ~ thanks,

    Wishing you good health, laughter and love in your days,
    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I come here for pictures of tulips and cathedrals...and now pigs. 😃

    I mentioned your blog on my blog today! Hope that is okay. I directed people here for pictures of tulips and cathedrals. Won't they be surprised!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tulips are still growing. I am running well behind these days in blog reading.

      Delete
  8. This sweet pink pig had a smile on his/her face!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The quail looks small and sweet.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete