Wednesday, April 24, 2024

Freedom Of Expression

 Untitled is this abstract painting by Leon Bellefleur.


Incandescence is the title of this 1968 abstract by Rita Letendre.


More abstracts can be seen here.


Red Pair is by Don Jarvis.


Paraskeva Clark, a Russian immigre to Canada, painted Homage To A Soviet Film, Baltic Deputy in 1968.


Out I went, taking a shot of the Firestone staircase from this floor.


I took a photograph of where I had come in- with a cafe down below as well.


The OAG has art for sale. These two paintings caught my attention.


One last shot, with the OAG in the background from this side, one big white cube. In the foreground, the old Carleton County Gaol, now a youth hostel. And the former courthouse that is now home to Arts Court is at left.

22 comments:

  1. Good to see the abstract art, and the gallery where it is shown.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Makes me wonder about Russian movies! The café looks a little too modern for my taste.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 'Untitled' by Leon Bellefleur and 'Red Pair'by Don Jarvis are mij favorites today.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ...I like the gallery better than the artwork.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the Red Pair the best of these abstracts.

    ReplyDelete
  6. They have a good assortment of art there, William.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A nice series of art and I also like the building.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great building and abstract art opens up one's mind, I think ~good to see new things ~

    Wishing you good health, laughter and love in your days,
    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  9. My favourite here is 'Untitled' by Leon Bellefleur

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete