Friday, April 26, 2024

Sightings Upon The Pathway

 Continuing where I left off yesterday on the high ground, I took this shot looking across the river towards Gatineau. The rise of the Gatineau Hills can be seen on the horizon, and the Alexandra Bridge crosses the river as well. The Museum of History is on the far shore.


A look back towards Centre Block with its work going on, and East Block beyond that. Pearson and the Queen watch over it all.


I headed down off the high ground to a viewing platform below.


A look to the north, with the pathway running along the top of the Hill. A staircase down to the shore below is, I believe, a complete rebuild, though because of work down at the shoreline at present, the staircase is off limits.


Looking up towards the Queen and the towers of West Block.


The pathway beckoned me on. The structure at right is utilitarian and modern. I'm not sure if it'll be something that will remain after all of the work is done.


A look west from near the stair entrance.


Up here are a series of glass panels mounted onto stone- these make up the Canadian Police and Peace Officers Memorial, honouring those officers who have died in the line of duty.


The last time I was out here, the path was essentially closed off here because of the work. As fate would have it, the path was open all the way around. I close off today with this view of the marvelous Library of Parliament. Linked to the building by a corridor, it is likely being left alone, as it wasn't that many years ago when the Library was undergoing restoration and upgrade work.

40 comments:

  1. This is an impressive fast flowing river running through the city. Great perspective in your photos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can see the spring in your photographs William! Aloha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good views of the river and surroundings. The library looks an interesting building.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The repetitions of the fence and grand city view are most fascinating

    ReplyDelete
  5. Today your narrative is what drew my attention. As soon as I read the word "upon", I understood it for the first time as "up and on". Interesting. It is a word i've rarely, if ever, used. I now know it is because I really did not understand it's meaning. Always thought of it as word that existed only in fairy tales! "Once upon at time"...........wait, what does once up and on a time mean? More for me to learn!

    ReplyDelete
  6. ...for Ottawa, the river is a huge feature!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Much to show why Ottawa is overall a beautiful city.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The trees aren’t in bud here either!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like these views. Thanks William.

    ReplyDelete
  10. David is right, it is a lovely city.

    ReplyDelete
  11. If you keep on walking you will continue finding things to photograph. If you were driving by in a car, you would see very little and learn next to nothing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very cool. Any fun places to eat when you're out and about?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Schöne Bilder von der Stadt und auch vom Fluß er ist gewaltig.
    Gruß
    Noke

    ReplyDelete
  14. wonderful photo tour of the surrounding areas of the canal ~ thanks,

    Wishing your good health, laughter and love in your days,
    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I enjoyed seeing these views.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  16. You know how to live! Thank you for bringing us about!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Interesting ramble. I enjoyed them very much too. Thank you, William

    ReplyDelete