Wednesday, November 3, 2021

A Quiet Morning Walk Along The Lakeside

Continuing where I left off in yesterday's post, this view is along Dow's Lake, with the campus for Carleton University off along the southern shore. 


The lake, and the Rideau Canal it is part of, was still at its summer levels. The next time I photographed here, in a couple of posts I'll show you starting tomorrow, the waters were lower, something that is done in October to prepare for the winter. Here we have the Arboretum on the far shore.


Several Muskoka chairs are set up along the lake, which acts as a reservoir for the final stretch of the Canal through the city.


A little further along, two ducks were having a rest.


Here we have a view of the north side of the lake. The white structure on the shore is the Dow's Lake Pavilion, which houses a restaurant and other facilities.


And one more photo in Commissioners Park to close things out today. Tomorrow we look at this area a week later.

36 comments:

  1. Looks like a great walk, do you have to wear a coat or jacket yet?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can almost smell that autumn musky dampness through the photos. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Amy: yes, I'm now wearing a jacket each day.

    @Cloudia: thank you.

    @Italiafinlandia: true!

    @Iris: I do too.

    @Stefan: indeed.

    @Gemel: it was that kind of day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your header is absolutely beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello,
    Love the Autumn colors and trees. The ducks and chairs have a great view of the lake.
    Take care, have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would like to sit in one of the chairs on a summer's morning with a coffee and a beavertail!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the chairs by the lake -- what a lovely view. Bring some cider, dress warm and soak it up!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely place for a rejuvenating walk. Lovely captures!

    ReplyDelete
  9. @Janey: thank you.

    @Francisco: thanks.

    @Eileen: yes they do.

    @David: a good way to spend time.

    @Jeanie: I can relate.

    @Magiceye: thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The Dow's lake is a beautiful area but I never understood it's purpose and function.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely photo walk with you around the lake ~ ^_^

    Living in the moment,

    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I’d enjoy time in a chair by the lake!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is a very beautiful place. Nice for a stroll or a sit down.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I would take in the view from one of those chairs.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I adore quiet morning walks. Your photos are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Es un lugar muy bueno para pasear, con buenas vistas del lago y los colores de otoño, que siguen destancando en tus fotografías.

    ReplyDelete
  17. A very nice walk, I enjoyed your photographs.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  18. lovely photo series, my favorite is the one with the chairs

    ReplyDelete
  19. These are great pictures!!
    Specially the first one.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love lakes they are mostly so peaceful !

    ReplyDelete
  21. A bit chilly to sit in those chairs today!

    ReplyDelete
  22. @RedPat: and for me.

    @Sharon: one I often make.

    @Red: as a reservoir it does regulate the Canal in this last stretch, and provides sanctuary to fish in this stretch over the winter, since the water is deeper.

    @Carol: thank you.

    @Jan: quite true.

    ReplyDelete
  23. @Marie: I have on occasion.

    @Michelle: I agree.

    @Bill: a good spot.

    @Happyone: thanks.

    @Ventana: thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  24. @Jan: thank you.

    @B.C.: it stands out.

    @Catarina: I like that one.

    @Gattina: I enjoy time here.

    @Jennifer: today is cool here.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Beautiful photos along the canal and by the lake:)

    ReplyDelete