Saturday, November 13, 2021

Colours On An Autumn Day

Some days ago I posted about a visit to the Museum of Nature to photograph fall colours. Following that visit I headed downtown, primarily to photograph in Confederation Park. Along the way I noticed colours in Minto Park.


This street view has Minto Park to its right.


A short walk up, these colours at St. John The Evangelist Anglican Church caught my eye.


And a short walk beyond that, I took these two shots in the courtyard at Knox Presbyterian Church.


Just beyond Knox and across the street on Elgin are the grounds of Ottawa City Hall. Fall colours were found in abundance alongside the Heritage Building.


This is a new addition to the grounds that I had not noticed before. This is an Algonquin wayfinding wheel. The north directional arrow is based on a copper spearhead typical of the people. The moose lies at the centre. Four directions contained on the inner circle symbolize the stages of life, with canoes along the sides.  And on the outer rim are animals significant to the Algonquin peoples.


The grounds of City Hall are shared with the main provincial courthouse in the city. This tree caught my attention.


I'll show you Confederation Park in a couple of days, but later in the afternoon I passed by Dominion-Chalmers United Church, and the ivy on the wall drew my attention.


This of course is in Dundonald Park. This particular tree really caught my attention this year, as I photographed it several times.


The following morning, things were bright in the park. Most of the leaves had fallen, but not all of them. This shot is taken from the east end.


This is probably my last fall photo for the year, though not the last in this series. I took this a few days ago one bright morning in Dundonald Park. It appears in the above shot as well in the distance, one of the last trees in the park to still have its leaves.

36 comments:

  1. Interesting with the wayfinding wheel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The wayfinding wheel steals the show!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I envy you that sunshine autumm pix!Beautiful !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes it is a beautiful time of the year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. All too soon, the colours will colours will surrender to monochromatic white. Just ask people in the northwest of the province right now!

    ReplyDelete
  6. ...an Algonquin wayfinding wheel is new to me, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Indeed very nice colours, the wayfinding wheel is really wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello,
    I love the wayfinding wheel and the moose. Gorgeous fall colors and beautiful trees. Take care, enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. There are times we all need that wheel.

    ReplyDelete
  10. No doubt, the same walk today would be much less colourful. I do like the Algonquin wayfinding wheel and find it quite delightful. What a pleasant discovery for you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. @Stefan: I thought so.

    @Iris: it stands out.

    @Anita: thanks.

    @Marianne: it is.

    @David: true!

    ReplyDelete
  12. @Tom: you're welcome.

    @Jan: I liked it.

    @Eileen: thanks.

    @Marie: I agree.

    @Anvilcloud: there are few left.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful fall colours and I like the shadow shots. Enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  14. We have actually seen a bit more colour here this week.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Amazing blue sky and autumn colors in your lovely photo walk ~ Favorite is the arched doorway ~ ^_^

    Living in the moment,

    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  16. There is no denying that fall has arrived.

    ReplyDelete
  17. @Jennifer: so do I.

    @Nancy: I am not having a good weekend. I spent the bulk of the night in hospital.

    @RedPat: we're ahead of you.

    @Carol: thank you.

    @Sharon: quite true.

    ReplyDelete
  18. The wayfinding wheel is neat. Fall is looking great in your area, William.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful fall colors and wow, the wayfinding wheel is pretty cool.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Una preciosidad de colores en tus bellas fotografías de otoño.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful colors. First picture is my favorite. Colors so pretty against the blue sky.

    ReplyDelete
  22. The wayfinding wheel is stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I really appreciate seeing these beautiful pictures of fall William

    ReplyDelete
  24. Ivy covered walls may make a mess of masonry, but they sue are attractive.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Ivy covered buildings get me every time.

    ReplyDelete
  26. last fall pic. oh i am sad. they are always my fave. makes me feel i am not missing Canada so much. ( ;
    love the church door.

    ReplyDelete