Tuesday, November 16, 2021

Waterfalls In The Fall

 I headed up to New Edinburgh one day early this month, for a visit to the grounds of Rideau Hall. This view, taken down a street, includes the fence line of the property down the road, and fall colours.


I decided that I would conclude my fall series with this visit, and so for the next couple of posts we're seeing photos from after that visit. Coming back, a series of photographs mounted on the fence outside the French embassy caught my eye. These are photographs taken by Canadian photographers, and I decided to take a couple of shots, including fallen leaves at the bottom to keep with the autumn theme. Here we have a caribou.


And here we have fox cubs.


This view looks across Sussex Drive.


And then I turned into the parking lot adjoining the embassy. The embassy is in the Art Deco style.


The grounds to the west of the embassy play host to a park and a pavilion, which is home to the Royal Canadian Geographical Society.


This is the view across the Ottawa River. The colours on the far shore are in Leamy Lake Park. The Gatineau Hills rise in the distance beyond Gatineau.


The foam on the river is coming from what's beside me.


And that is the Rideau Falls. The Rideau River splits into two branches around Green Island here, spilling over and meeting its end at the Ottawa River.


Check out my video of the falls here. More from this visit tomorrow.

32 comments:

  1. The caribou looks very much like our reindeer, the horns are different.
    You shared beautiful views also today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great part of the city. Last time I visited Rideau Hall David Johnston was GG. He is of course from Heidelberg, here in Waterloo Region, and was the former President of the University of Waterloo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello,
    I would love to see Caribou, the fox cubs are cute. Pretty waterfalls!
    Take care, have a happy day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Italiafinlandia: thanks!

    @Stefan: it's a good overlook.

    @David: he was good at the job.

    @Eileen: fox cubs often are cute.

    @Maywyn: very much so.

    @Jan: thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely shots. Hope you're feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those clouds over the river look threatening.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You may have used the term New Edinburgh before but I cant remember, and it feels new to me. Nice pics of the falls.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful photos of the awesome falls ~ ^_^

    Living in the moment,

    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  9. @Tom: me too.

    @Magiceye: thanks.

    @DJan: gradually.

    @RedPat: yes they are.

    @Red: me too.

    @Anvilcloud: it's been awhile.

    @Bill: very much so.

    @Carol: thanks!

    @Marie: me too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my great shots of the falls. So much power in water!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well, at least they're not frozen over -- yet!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those look like snow clouds...☃️

    ReplyDelete
  13. Replies
    1. I was hurt. There's a link in my post for today to my writer's blog for an explanation.

      Delete
  14. The falls you are certainly looking mighty.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I just read your other post - what a weekend you had! Hope you are feeling a bit more human now.

    ReplyDelete
  16. The falls are stunning. Cute cubs too.

    ReplyDelete