Sunday, November 14, 2021

On An Excursion Or Two

Early this month, I had to go out to Westboro. I took this shot of fall colours in a parking lot in the neighbourhood. I took the same shot in a post early in this series.


A bus ride later, I was up in the Tunney's Pasture area, a government complex lying north of the Hintonburg and Mechanicsville neighbourhoods. This red tree caught my eye. 


The following day I was on my way to the War Museum for a visit. This view is in Lebreton Flats on the way.


A short walk away I took this shot. The cliff we see here is part of the same ridge that Parliament Hill is on.


The Ottawa River runs through a number of channels in this area, and this particular one is a controlled one, with waters at a low level at present.


Beyond this channel, these colours really popped out.


This view is a short way beyond, on my way to the Canadian Firefighters Memorial.


The Memorial is a national memorial, with a wall of names of firefighters who have fallen in the line of duty or died of workplace related illnesses inscribed, from across the country. Each year new names are added to the wall, and a national service is held in September. A large statue of a firefighter stands across from the wall. Trees planted around the Memorial were at their height.


Neighbouring the Memorial is Pindigen Park, developed by the National Capital Commission in collaboration with local First Nations tribes. I've passed by this spot many times, but have not photographed it before. I will have to remedy that, likely in the spring, as there are some neat touches to be found here.


And then it was to the waiting intersection. Beyond were the grounds of the Canadian War Museum, with bright red colours. I'll start showing you that series in a few days.

34 comments:

  1. That red tree really stands out in this series.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You certainly have discovered the crimson.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello,
    The red tree is beautiful, I love all the fall colors. Take care, have a great new week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ...I like the view of the river!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cualquier lugar es bueno, para captar las manifestaciones que haya en él, sobre los bellos colores de esta estación.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful red colors.
    And the green cycle path (?) - great idea, we need that, too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for featuring the Firefighter Memorial again.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice shots again, the view over the channel is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. We have a lot of red in ours trees here too. Pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You do a lot of walking, William!

    ReplyDelete
  11. @Stefan: it does.

    @David: a good deal of it.

    @Eileen: I hope my week consists of healing. I had a bad fall Friday night.

    @Tom: me too.

    @Ventana: thanks.

    @Iris: we have many bike paths.

    @Sharon: that there were.

    @Marie: you're welcome.

    @Jan: I like that spot.

    @Janey: most are down now.

    @RedPat: it'll be less for a few days.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good photos, colors here and there make autumn feel real.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great photos, William. The autumn colours are so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nice little hike in town yeehaww!

    ReplyDelete
  15. @Maywyn: I agree.

    @Italiafinlandia: thanks.

    @Bill: that they are.

    @Anita: definitely.

    @Happyone: there were.

    ReplyDelete
  16. The colors holding on in Ottawa are sure spectacular. That red shrub is called Burning Bush. I want one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That burning bush isn't too far from home for me.

      Delete
    2. Sometimes we concentrate on the tree and miss the forest. You've shown what's around the tree.

      Delete
  17. The red color alone justified the entire excursion. Tweeted.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow! Gorgeous colors ~ great photos ~ ^_^

    Living in the momeent,

    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  19. thank you for taking us somewhere different and beautiful good companionship William

    ReplyDelete
  20. so many great colors. love it. what a sight to be seen. nice!! hope life is going okay for ya. ( ;

    ReplyDelete