Monday, July 3, 2023

A Variety Of Sights Around The City

 More odds and ends today. Late one day in the second half of May I was at Lansdowne Park around sundown and took these two shots- similar to how I started yesterday's post, but a different time of day.

 
A few days later, I attended a CFL football game here in the stadium, the pre-season home game. The home team lost in pretty much the last second of the game. I don't begin to understand football, but I like the crowd energy, if that makes any sense. I don't like soccer.


And another night, but the same location- the Aberdeen Pavilion, with the crescent moon in the west, and Venus visible above the building.


At the beginning of June, I had errands to run in Westboro. I got there in a timely fashion. Getting back, however, was not timely. I waited a half hour for a bus, despite the app saying the next bus was two minutes away, then ten minutes, then fifteen.... and by the time the bus got there, the driver made a point of driving the slowest I've ever seen any driver, as if he was trying to hit every stop light on an orange light. I got home around twenty minutes after my transfer time ran out, and was thoroughly disgusted with the driver.

This shot is taken from the upper deck- our city service has some double decker buses, and I happened to get one of the front seats for what ended up being an interminable ride home.


In early June, I took this shot of St. Luke's Anglican Church, in the Chinatown neighbourhood. I can't recall photographing this one before, though it's close to home for me.


A few blocks away, blossoms on a bush caught my eye.


This is Abbotsford House in the Glebe late one June night. The house is a former farmhouse of the 19th century that serves as a senior's community centre, flanked by a nursing home on one side, and a retirement home on the other side. The Moon was in full in the western sky.


A few days later there was a European cultural day in the Aberdeen Pavilion at Lansdowne. I should have taken more photos, but did take this one of colourful dancers.


More blossoms, this in a front yard in Centretown.


Heading home one evening, and passing through the Glebe, I looked at this parking garage that's been there a few years. For the first time I noticed the herons on the roof. I suspect these are the work of a local artist who works in concrete.


On a much needed rainy day in Little Italy, I took this shot.


This is home to the Czech embassy. It's often been part of Doors Open, but wasn't this year. On Doors Open weekend in early June, I passed by and took this shot.


I round out today with this shot taken a few nights back as I was passing through Centretown on my way home late in the night. Had this fellow not moved, I wouldn't have even noticed him. As it was, I spoke cheerfully to him, and he stayed in place long enough for me to take a shot.

42 comments:

  1. What a considerate rabbit :) It looks like your bus service is much like that here. And I don't get football either.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are times where bus service leaves me grumbling. For the most part, I walk.

      Delete
  2. That's a very varied set of photos (and memories). Front seat on the top deck was where I always liked to sit in my younger days - and still do if I get the chance!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am a bit wary of it, but since I'd be on that bus for quite some time, going to the upper deck made sense.

      Delete
  3. Eine schöne Führung mit abwechslungsreichen Bildern über die Sehenswürdigkeiten der Stadt.
    Gruß
    Noke

    ReplyDelete
  4. A very nice serie again, the photo of Aberdeen Pavilion, with the crescent moon and Venus is my favorite.
    In the Netherlands it's often no fun to travel by public transport too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ...Ottawa always has exciting things to see and do.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello,
    Beautiful series, I love the flowers, the bunny and the moon capture. Take care, enjoy your day and have a happy new week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Pavilion looks great at night.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loved your night shots the best!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such varied views of the city! Love these shots!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I don´t like soccer, either. But, oh, the bunny! And the herons.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That night shot of the pavilion is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The Pavilion night photo is my favourite.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I like the night shots too. And those herons.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wonderful series of photos ~ your night shots are the best and of course, that sweet bunny ~

    Wishing you good health, laughter and love in your days,
    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  15. El atardecer es un momento muy interesante, para hacer fotografías. Me gusta ver el fútbol. lo partidos que juega mi equipo.

    ReplyDelete
  16. As a kid I played sports and enjoyed it. I am not big on watching it though and I would certainly not pay money to do so.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I take in the odd hockey game there. I don't get the season ticket holder mentality.

      Delete
  17. Nicely done! You must have had a great time, other than that slow bus!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I like this variety of photos. Nice series!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm with you on soccer, I use to like it when I was little only because my father played soccer but as I've gotten older I much prefer rugby.

    ReplyDelete
  20. That nighttime photo of the Pavilion is such a gem. The lighting, moon, Venus -- perfect. Lots of fun things here and apart from the bus situation (which was horrid) sounds like a great day.

    ReplyDelete