Wednesday, July 12, 2023

Poet Laureates

 Canada has a tradition of poet laureates. In this building, past and present holders of that office have a copy of one of their poems displayed along the stacks on the main floor.


The mix of original bank architecture and current day infrastructure for the needs of the Library of Parliament has always appealed to me.


This light caught my eye.


I finish with this staircase going down. If I recall correctly from previous visits, there's still a vault down there.

36 comments:

  1. Many talented laureates from Canada for sure. Interesting to see they do not all seem senile approaching the end of the life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this library! Take care, have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would wager that not one Canadian in a thousand could name the Poet Laureate - me included!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ...and they all seem to be women!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not Mr. Clarke, but yes, more women then men, especially in the current era.

      Delete
  5. I like the architecture.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A wonderful way to pay tribute to the poets.

    ReplyDelete
  7. They had to do a lot of work to make that a library.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Here's to the poets and great library photos ~

    Wishing you good health, laughter and love in your days,
    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice to see poets being recognized.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I greatly enjoyed seeing your photos of this library. They are impressive. Also, thank you for your comments on my blog today. I always appreciate hearing from you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, what a great looking building.

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's nice to see the laureates honored.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I like the combination of original and new elements in the library:)

    ReplyDelete