Saturday, August 17, 2024

Hope I

 I begin today with Sunshine In The Drawing Room, by Vilhelm Hammershoi, done in 1910. Until the Gallery purchased this painting, I had never heard of the Danish artist.


This haunting painting is Hope I, by Gustav Klimt. Dating to 1903, the painting hangs near two other works by Klimt on an extended loan- which are not permitted to be photographed. 


Here we have Bowl With Zinnias And Other Flowers, by Vincent Van Gogh, an 1886 painting.


Adrian Stokes painted In The Dunes around 1920-21.


This is Chestnut Waters by Paul Nash, finished in 1927.


And here we have On Drumcliffe Strand, by Jack B. Yeats, circa 1918.


I finish today with Young Woman In A Grey Cloak, by Gwen John, circa 1920-24.

20 comments:

  1. Lovely exhibit. The Dunes is my favorite. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...Hope I would be banned by the GOP.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too bad you couldn't photograph the other 2 Klimps. He's one of my favorite artists...one who pushed the envelope at his time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. More pieces from this fabulous collection, William.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great variety of awesome art ~ thanks,

    Wishing you good health, laughter and love in your days,
    clm ~ A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful art and a great exhibit.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The light in the first painting is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I always worry about photographing art.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I look for signage saying you can't. Years ago there was a blanket policy of no photos at all.

      Delete