Thursday, August 8, 2024

Scenes From Venice

 We pick up today where we left off. The Church Of Santa Maria della Salute, Venice is a painting by Francesco Guardi, circa 1780-85.


Saint Mark's And The Clock Tower, Venice was painted circa 1735-37 by Canaletto.


Here is another work by Canaletto, dating between 1740-60. It is The Campo di Rialto And The Church Of Saint James, Venice.


A couple of paintings hang together, by the same artist, who was a nephew of Canaletto. Bernardo Bellotto painted The Arsenal, Venice around 1743.


Here we have The Piazzetta, Venice from around the same time.


A look into the next big space. My favourite sculpture in the building is at the far end.

26 comments:

  1. Those are wonderful pieces, and it’s fascinating to see the different perspectives and styles of these Venetian artists. The historical context and detail in each painting really bring Venice to life.

    I just posted a new blog post at www.melodyjacob.com. I invite you to read and let me know what you think about it. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I visited all those places in Venice. Santa Maria della Salute's ceiling is fabulous. Because I didn't feel comfortable looking up, I used one of the special mirrors they have for the visitors so I could look at more works by Titian.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such beautiful paintings of Venice. I love the spaces in the gallery, William.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful paintings of those classical facades and buildings.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The artists shown today, put many people in the scene to go along with buildings.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful art and exhibit. Take care, enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful paintings of Venice. Outstanding art!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great paintings of Venice ~

    Wishing you good health, laughter and love in your days,
    clm ~ A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Exceptional paintings. I can't imagine having that type of talent.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those are some incredible scenes there, the top one is my favourite.

    ReplyDelete
  11. ...the gallery is spectacular!

    ReplyDelete