Saturday, August 24, 2024

The Mighty River

 Picking up where I left off yesterday, more of the Chaudiere Falls.


I headed on from here, but paused at an opening into one of the preserved buildings. Water would have run through here long ago- there's a cut channel if you look closely- but now it's left to itself, with plant growth in the dry space below.


Looking back to where I stood overlooking the river.


Onward I went. The path is a combination of pavement and gravel pathways that offer several good looks at the falls.

22 comments:

  1. When I visit my daughter we generally go for a walk along the river at some point.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful photos, the river does look mighty! Take care, have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...rivers gave power to civilizations for centuries.

    ReplyDelete
  4. There's a lot of water roaring over those falls.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So much power in the water. Great shots, William.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Indeed ~ powerful falls ~ great photos ~

    Wishing you good health, laughter and love in your days,
    clm ~ A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great shots. So much power in that water!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great moments and I feel (through memory of my own) that I can hear (or rather imagine) the roaring of the water!

    ReplyDelete