Wednesday, March 6, 2024

One Way To Keep The Kids Entertained

 More today from Jacques Cartier Park and Winterlude fun, particularly the ziplines, which were well in use.


The snow slide slope is a long one, tapering down from the high ridge that's built each year out of a mound of snow. And it's well used as well, with the line ups on either side busy. Snow tubes are what's used here- and you don't have to bring your own.


These two look like they stepped out of the 19th century.


Would you try this? I've done it.


We'll be back here tomorrow.

32 comments:

  1. I am not faced with the decision, since we don't have snow. But it looks a bit dangerous, so I will ask the following questions:
    a] how old are the children, before you allow them to travel on the ziplines?
    b] is there always a parent supervising each child?
    c] have there been any accidents in the past?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. From the looks, no younger than seven. There's plenty of adult supervision, and no accidents I'm aware of.

      Delete
  2. I have lived so far without zip lining. I think that will continue.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The zip line looks fun but not for me. Take care, have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ...better than electronics!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would rather take a sled ride than go down one of those ziplines.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would do the slide but not the zip line, William.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I continue to be amazed at how great this winter fest is.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What fun and great events you have in Canada ~ great photos ~ yep ~ Zipline would be fun ~

    Wishing you good health, laughter and love in your days,
    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  9. It is great to see people enjoy the outdoors in winter!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Zip lines look like great fun. A good way to spend some winter days outside.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've been on a zip line and it was loads of fun. I loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks like fun, not sure I'd try it now though:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. The zip line looks fun but not for me.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete