Wednesday, March 27, 2024

Learning Centre

I passed by this large tractor on the grounds.  


The barnyard of the Dairy Barn is here.


A view towards the Learning Centre.


These antique plows caught my eye.


Inside, the current exhibit is on aquaculture- fisheries being the primary example. A number of large scale photographs around the First Nations fishery industry of the Pacific Northwest were here.


This bell stood in the original horse and cattle barn, which was destroyed in a fire. It now resides here.


The aquaculture exhibit I skimmed through- though I liked the visual of this, with streamers from the high ceiling resembling seaweed.

22 comments:

  1. Whenever I visited the agricultural college as a kid, with my parents, the many tractors were the most exciting thing to see. Which I am reminded of even today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...I love the design of the barn.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the photographs and the bell! Take care, have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those old plows are interesting to see and to think back on the hard work involved in using them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks like they have something for everybody

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fascinating place and great photos ~ Wonder if that is a John Deere tractor??? ~ thanks,

    Wishing you good health, laughter and love in your days,

    carol l mckenna
    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I sure do see a lot of tractors around here. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. A great looking tractor.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  9. The John Deere four wheel drive loader tractor is a real workhorse capable of moving great weights from place to place. Those antique plows are best of historic displays, and are no longer for turning over soil.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That looks like an impressive farm to me. Farming is big here in New Zealand.

    ReplyDelete