Saturday, October 5, 2013

Nuit Blanche Beneath The Bridge

An area of somewhat more quiet on Nuit Blanche (at least when we were there, I can't say anything about before or after) was beneath Plaza Bridge. I've shown you pictures from on top- including that staircase a few blogs back with the artistic streak to it- but not below. Plaza Bridge is over the Rideau Canal, and on the west side, a lot of work has been done some years ago to open up the space, creating a dramatic area (with great acoustics), well lit at night, a path between the Ottawa Locks on one side and the National Arts Centre on the other. I had considered using the place as a backdrop in a future book for a murder, but it might be a little too public.


On Nuit Blanche, the place was being used to project images onto the large walls, a multimedia exhibit taking advantage of the space.

I'll show you this area again in daylight hours. It's a favourite place to stroll through, and wedding photographers love using this area for pics of a bride, groom, and their party.


For the moment, I'll leave off with this staircase that leads up to the street and bridge above. At night, with the shutter speed on the mobile, people take on something of a ghostly image when in motion, but then again, it was the staircase I was more interested in...


6 comments:

  1. Looks like something out of Agents of SHIELD (and I mean that as a compliment)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting! Weddings? Really?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, you'll quite often see wedding parties strolling through from one side to the other on a late Saturday afternoon, with a photographer leading them and directing them.

      Delete
  3. Three interesting photos, William. I have seen references to "Nuit Blanche" on several blogs. I haven't encountered this celebration anywhere I have lived.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know Toronto had it last night, and I think the concept started in Paris. It really does get people to engage in the community around them.

      Delete