Thursday, October 24, 2013

Shades Of Red, Gold, And Brown

I like the way the maple leaves hang above those already on the ground, still a mix of gold and green. This is taken in Dundonald Park a week or two ago.


The Rideau Canal, taken from the Bank Street bridge earlier in the month. It's a very similar view from the header pic. This was on a wet afternoon, and the trees here were turning colours quickly.


On a more pleasant day, late in the afternoon in Old Ottawa South, the sun highlights this tree, a mix of red, green, and gold.


While at a nearby home, the ivy on the wall is showing its fall colours too.


Finally, over at Carleton University, this shot from the library captures the area around Hartwell Locks, where the trees are a mix of red, gold, and green. The area beyond the Locks, we'll get into soon in another blog. It's called the Arboretum.





18 comments:

  1. Well of course, your colours are so much prettier than ours!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know North America does get that reputation, particularly my part of it.

      Delete
  2. It's a great time of year for photography. I noticed the golden leaves on the tree above the fallen ones during my walk yesterday and tried to capture it as well. It's a great time of year. Things are heading towards yellow here, except for our fire bush which is a brilliant red.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. I'm glad they finally started cooperating. Some of the trees are still green as of this date...

      Delete
  4. Beautiful photos. I love the first one especially. Ottawa is a gorgeous city; my home town. Deb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Since I came here, I've always felt completely at home here.

      Delete
  5. More fall colors *applause*!

    Can't wait to see what you do with the Tulip Fesitval!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That'll take a few months of patience, not to mention the best season of the year!

      Delete
  6. I love that light on the autumnal tree! And, wait for it, the ivy!:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh! I really like that top shot!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's such a great time of year to take photos, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete