Saturday, October 12, 2013

Hog's Back Falls, Part Two

Down at the edge of the ravine, looking downriver, the Rideau remains a mass of rapids, for a long stretch out of sight. On the west side of the river, though, you'll often see fishermen out on the rocks, trying their luck.


And speaking of rocks, this reminds you to watch your step around the falls. It's not a flat surface, after all.


Looking downstream from the top of the east side of the falls.


And from the east side, another point of view


It's a lovely stretch of river. Still, there's a good reason there are signs to stay on the opposite side of the fences. A fall into the ravine can leave you seriously hurt, or worse. You can just see him in this last pic, a man on the wrong side of the fence across the ravine. There's a reason he was there. I'll show you next time.


10 comments:

  1. You live in a really, really beautiful place, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! I love rapids and waterfalls! I just love being around water in any guise!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh My Goodness you live in a most beautiful place.
    Is the man is the blue pants the one your talking about ? Are the family on the flats across he river ok ?
    I love that when you click on the photos they get bigger.
    Still love your header photo, makes me want to see what is around the bend.

    cheers, parsnip

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, he's the one in question. There's a hundred dollar fine posted if you do cross the fence. And yes, the people on the far flat rocks are fine. The water kind of edges around that point, but not by much. You can stroll for quite a way along those rocks. It's actually easy walking. Fishermen will often take up position there.

      Delete
  4. Gorgeous!
    I feel like I've had a beer called "Hog's Back". Is there a brewery nearby that makes it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know there are a couple of microbreweries here, but I don't think they have that name.

      Delete
  5. What a beautiful area, thanks for this pretty stroll - though definitely wouldn't want to slip there!

    ReplyDelete