Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Stillness And Motion

Taking our leave of the Rectory Art House with this post. I loved the main staircase, and wanted a shot of it. With a lot of people in and out, of course, that meant having people in the shot. I imagine it was the shutter speed that led to this, but I like it. With some people clearly in motion, my eye is drawn to the woman pausing at the heart of the picture, a moment of stillness as she looks to her left. 


The Rectory on the outside, brightly lit up for the evening. At the upper left, you see the blue studio from a couple of posts back. I'll come back here sometime, and photograph the Rectory in daylight. 


6 comments:

  1. Even though some of the first shot is blurry, I like it! It shows motion. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was my first evening using some of the features on the mobile. I have a pic in an upcoming blog from that night with a staircase outside. There are people on it moving faster than the nighttime shutter speed, and they have a ghostly look to them, but I took the shot more for the stairs.

      Delete
  2. Wow, the outside of the building is so cool! Yeah, I get that problem with low lighting, but I like it too!! I have so many shots from inside museums with blurred people, and I love how it turns out sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm learning my way with this thing. It's just that moment with the woman still that makes that shot work for me.

      Delete