Sunday, October 13, 2013

Hog's Back Falls Part Three


Finishing up at the falls today. I mentioned last time out about the fellow perched out on the wrong side of the fence. He had a camera in hand, and sure enough, there was a good reason. Below, on the east side of the ravine, a great blue heron was perched at water's edge, among the swirling flow of the river, looking for fish.


I went back over to the west side of the river, and snapped shots of him again.



It was a lovely fall day. The trees were mostly still green, but here and there you see a bit of colour as fall takes over. I'll have to make it down here during the winter.


One more shot from above before going, this one including a rainbow in the mist.


14 comments:

  1. Looks like that heron is accustomed to getting his picture taken!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely. Don't you love your iPhone?

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK, finally got by by. I don't think of herons in Canada. More likely in warm climates.

    A suggestion - go into the design area of blogger and make your page and header narrower. It's much too wide to fit on my 13" Macbook.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We see herons here all summer. It'll soon be time for them to go.

      I've been thinking along those lines. The header pic does that in a way that doesn't happen at my writing blog, but I think I have a way around it.

      Delete
  4. Now that is a compelling enough a reason! We get some great blue herons here and while they're not uncommon, they still get everyone pretty excited (and whipping out cameras! I tried capturing a few this weekend:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You sure have a lot of great places to photograph!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for stopping by "Sudbury Daily Photo." Did you realize that it wasn't Ontario? It's actually in Massachusetts. Ironically, I am originally from the Peterborough area where my parents' farm had a heron rookery which at one time had over 100 nests. There are many here in our area of MA.

    I've always loved the idea of Ottawa but only got there once on a grade 10 trip. I'll visit vicariously through ODP

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought about it when I first saw it, and I was surprised when I clicked the link to see another Sudbury!

      Delete