This is one of the treasures of the Museum. St. Onuphrius is a consecrated Ukrainian Catholic Church, completed in 1915 in the Alberta countryside, and given to the Museum in the 90s. Still consecrated, it is still occasionally used for services. Its small sanctuary is presently cordoned off due to Covid restrictions, but the front doors are open and a view inside is possible. Going around the church as one views panels and artifacts around it gives the visitor a chance to look inside as well.
Settlers in the West during the late 19th and early 20th centuries adapted to the new land. Here we have some farming tools, and the coat of a woman, a Ukrainian immigrant who settled in Alberta.
Schools in rural areas were often one room schoolhouses with multiple grades learning together. Artifacts include a desk, lunch pail, and student's bag of the period.
A look through the back door of the church takes in the sacristy.
To leave off today, two views from behind the screen in the church.