Thursday, October 20, 2022

Autumn Colour

 Today I begin a series on fall colours in the national capital area. I start with this particular tree outside a house in Centretown. This is inevitably the first tree I know of here that starts to turn.


These were on a tree in Little Italy.


I took this on the day I went to the Bytown Museum, with a tree alongside the Rideau Canal turning.


A fall display was on in the Byward Market.


Back in Little Italy, these caught my eye one day.


The same tree as in my second shot- just a bit further along.


On a couple of different days I passed through Lansdowne Park and took these.


And lastly, I took this at Lebreton Flats, on my way to catch a shuttle for an excursion. That we'll get into tomorrow.

36 comments:

  1. It has been a colorful Autumn as per usual. Freezing in my area this morning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Canada is truly a heaven for autumn leaves. So good to see a number of photos in different locations

    ReplyDelete
  3. Around here the colours have been exceptional this year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The fall colors look beautiful. Lovely captures! Take care, enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Some wonderful shots of the changing colours.

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Italiafinlandia: indeed.

    @Stefan: our days are now consistently cooler.

    @roentare: lots more of that to come.

    @David: the same here.

    @Eileen: thank you.

    @Tom: so it seems.

    @Jan: thanks.

    @DJan: indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  7. There are some wonderful displays of colour around this year.

    ReplyDelete
  8. There is nothing like our autumn colours, but I think this year Mother Nature has outdone herself!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful! I love seeing the fall colors.

    ReplyDelete
  10. We don’t have much leaf colour this year. Thank you for sharing yours!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a lovely view of Ottawa! Our leaves are falling!

    ReplyDelete
  12. @RedPat: there are.

    @Jackie: I agree.

    @Red: indeed.

    @Sharon: me too.

    @Bill: very much so.

    @Marie: you're welcome.

    @Jennifer: ours are going fast too now.

    @Catarina: definitely.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely to see all the pretty fall colors!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lone trees out with color are noticed like gems. Great photos

    ReplyDelete
  15. It's pleasant to see and soon gone.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I miss the northern hemisphere autumn, thank you for the meander.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I know I'm going to love this series, William. What is lovelier than fall color?

    ReplyDelete
  18. I wonder if the trees through tiny holes in the pavement will survive. Will you keep tabs on them?

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wonderful autumn colors captured in series of photos ~

    Wishing you good health, laughter and love in your days
    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  20. The reds and golds are the best.

    ReplyDelete