Sunday, October 9, 2022

I Had Friends On That Death Star

 Cosplayers are a big thing at Comicon. The Scarlet Witch at left caught my eye. Her companion was a more improvised Iron Man.


Thor's Trinkets is an artist's business based out of eastern Ontario. I've bought beer mugs and tumbler glasses from the artist before, both here and at the Lansdowne Christmas market. I had a chance to speak with her, and she'll be back for that market in a few weeks.


I should have bought this one, as it made me laugh- so who is this moderation everyone is telling me to drink with? 

I don't drink, but if you can get a laugh out of me I'm likely to buy. Hopefully it's in stock for the Christmas market later in the year.


And that one at centre, with the downcast Imperial Stormtrooper. Should have bought that one too.


Members of a local Star Wars cosplayer troupe were in attendance. I took a couple of shots in quick succession.


This caught my eye on my first go around.


As did the mugs to the left. Again, I don't drink coffee, but the saying made me laugh.


At home: the one beer mug I did pick up from Thor's Trinkets this time out: Monty Python's Black Knight, Bridge Security Est. 932 (tis but a scratch!).


And of course I bought that mug. Here it is, both sides. The Grim Reaper is appropriate.

30 comments:

  1. That seems like a very engaging event.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so much fun! I love the cosplay. That Scarlett figure does look the part. Unlike the ones I saw in Melbourne the other day, this is more professional!

    ReplyDelete
  3. And the great thing is this fellow Moderation seems to really get around.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a good event with interesting things to purchase.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like all the mugs and the costumes. It is a fun event. Take care, enjoy your day, have a great new week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You know, no one ever truly grows up! 😃

    ReplyDelete
  7. ...these days it's all about selling things! For some reason your blog one longer appears on my readers list!

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Joan: it was.

    @roentare: some people go all out.

    @David: such seems to be the case.

    @Francisco: thank you.

    @anvilcloud: it was, yes.

    @Eileen: thanks.

    @Sandi: true.

    @Tom: another blogger glitch?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Varied laughs. The mug covers a lot of days.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is fabulous how fun! I know a few folks who would love that coffee mug too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It seems like forever since I've been to a con! You can't come home empty handed :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lot's of fun things to buy. Not the two headed doll, though.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You seem to have had a good time, William.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What fun items and great for Xmas gifts ~

    Wishing you good health, laughter and love in your days,
    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  15. El tamaño de la jarra es ideal para una cerveza y para que permanezca fresca, en los días de calor.

    ReplyDelete
  16. @Maywyn: definitely.

    @Karen: it suited my warped sense of humor.

    @Marie: I went for it.

    @Nikki: an impossibility.

    @Sharon: that one would be quite the conversation piece.

    @RedPat: I did indeed.

    @Carol: thank you!

    @Ventana: thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This looks like a lot of fun to me.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great place to walk around and check it out. I like these kind of events.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Those are some wonderful items available for sale! One might need their visa card!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I have 2 adult children who are cosplayers. I'm liking your new header image William

    ReplyDelete
  21. Some of those mugs and glasses are indeed quite funny.

    ReplyDelete